2002 LS1 Flat spot

65

Asked by Feb 24, 2010 at 01:41 AM

I just purchase a 02 TA WS6 and i have noticed that the motor hits a slight flat spot at about 1800 rpm. I dont notice it all the time but just woundering if i should worry about it

15

I wouldnt. The power ban is from about 2k to 6k, could have something to do with that.

7,365

nothing to worry about. get rid of it by adding a cold air intake, exhaust, thermostat, and chip. slp makes an amazing parts for that engine.

11,985

Kinda depends what you mean by a flat spot - Does it lack power and drop in RPM when you get to that RPM. Then when your gas pedal travels further down on the gas pedal it suddenly picks up and feels fine afterward ??? Is the dead spot in the same place on the gas pedal as with the RPM ?? Could be any number of things but I would first check the TPS sensor and do a sweep test on it - and then a fuel pressure and volume test. Make sure the basics are done before moving on. Not sure if 02's had a fuel filter but thats worth a look at also . Good Luck