water on drivers side floor

Asked by Jul 31, 2009 at 02:28 PM

Hello,

I have a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am.  Recently, I noticed a smell in the car and realized it was coming from a wet spot on the driver's side floor.  I cleaned the rugs, but the wet spot seems to come back.  I pulled up the rug and noticed a round rubber "plug" of some sort under the spot where the water appears.  I haven't tried to pull it off.  Is this some sort of drain?  I'm not sure what its purpose is?  Could this be allowing water to get into the car from the outside?  Any thoughts?

3,225

posing you dont have t-tops, or its coolant instead of water, id imagine your a/c condenser drain hose is clogged and running off in your car. if the rubber plug your talking about is the one im thinking of then it is just a body plug.