1979 trans am outlaw edition?

Asked by Dec 23, 2008 at 01:50 AM

has any one heard of a 1979 t/a outlaw edition it has a turbo charged 455 there were only 6 of these cars made, and my dad found one of them in great shape, no one seems to have any info about it. the car was built in california. any help would be great.

145

It sounds like it would be 1 of the t/a's that Burt Reynolds had built for the smokey and the bandit series or cannonball run. But I'm a complete car buff and I've never heard of the outlaw edition so it's mpossible it slipped out of Burt's hands and the person that had it either took very good care of it or garaged it because they knew the value of that specific vehicle... My expert advice would be to contact the people at Barrett-Jackson and maybe get more info...

I know the car very well. I believe it has a dual turbo? The "Outlaw" is hand painted and the builder liked the movie and wanted to make some cars just like it. My mom drove that car.

15

A 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Outlaw T/A No. 4 455 Turbo was on display at a car show in Salt Lake City, UT April 2015. I met the owner and filmed it, here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSvAs-9Flo0