Remake the Trans Am

25

Asked by Aug 28, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Will there ever be a remake to the Pontiac Trans Am?

35

yes they r plannin on it

5

I had heard that the GM executives had considered the idea of building one based off the 2010 Camaro platform, and if you do some research on Google, I'm sure you can find a few concept pictures of one...but I haven't heard of any rumors lately...I'm a big TA fan myself so i share your hopes lol. EDIT: i just Googled Concept Trans Am and I got some stunning pictures...if the production car looked anything like the concept, GM would have no problems selling a vehicle like that...

10

I've started saving my cash just in case one comes out. I've got the 4th Gen Trans-am at the moment. If a new Trans-am came out I would want to keep both, and convert my current one into even more of a beast, perhaps twin turbo or supercharged, even though I have more power than can be used, its always good to have more. I was sad to see my 3rd Gen go, but it had to, I wouldn't want to feel like that again so would have to keep the 4th Gen. Looking at the Pontiac website they have no Performance car anymore, unless you count the Soltice, its only got a baby engine though.

2,995

that is the ugliest car ive ever seen yet another horrible design from gm

5

Why don't you try being a little more open? After all its just a Concept...most cars change drastically from concept to production phase, as I'm sure you know. Sounds as if someone is a little biased against GM...

2,995

i am because they are garbage

Ugly.... I think not, and GM had no part in that photoshoped picture.

I would love it if they brought it back but unfortunately it is NOT going to happen. There will be no new firebird, and yes there needs to be a firebird base for a new trans am. It no longer makes sense for GM to have 2 of the same cars, one of them canabalizing the others sales, when it comes to the rear wheel drive sports coupe. Pontiac is focusing on a new GTO and this will take the place for the firebird in the pontiac lineup.

15

GM will not make a new trans am, and one big reason is because they dont own the rights to the name anymore.

since there is no more pontiacs there is an aftermarket kit you can buy to convert a camaro into a firebird. there is alos a kit to change a 92 camaro into a 57 chevy.

Actually I just heard on the news today they are remaking the exact replica of the Smokey and the bandit TA. But only 77 will be made and they will cost $150k