93 Shut offs

35

Asked by Aug 07, 2008 at 04:07 PM

i have a 93 TA LT1 with the 4spd auto, not sure if its a 4L60 or 4L60E transmission. as far as i know shes bone stock at 170,000 miles. but it doesnt shut off i've taken it up to 140 and it just keeps going. now is that normal for most F-Bodys? or has someone hit a rev limiter

40,265

Sounds about normal.

75

nothings wrong sounds normal

35

actually the LT1 was one of the best motors built in the 90's out of american sports cars. certainly better than that pos 4.6 that came out in the 96 mustang gt if memory serves correct those motors were prone to blowing head gaskets.... but you insist its "boom" goes the LT1...

35

AND YOU EVEN HAVE A LT1

445

Don't pay attention to these other idiots first off it the 4L60 E trans and yes its normal there is no speed limtit just rev limit I ran mine to 150 and wasn't even turning 5000 revs

35

They stoped 700R4's back in 92........ 93 was the first year for the 4L60/4L60E powertrain... but you know i just dont know bout a shut off... btw... i was doing less than 5200 RPM i went out and did it again. at 130 i was at 3200 RPM. so 140 couldnt be 5200. its outrageous to think that it takes 2000 rpm just to get 10 mph faster in that car.

35

i dont think i'll ever be near the salt flats....... and mine is bone stock... its a 93... the motor might be rebuilt thats all. whoopidy do! are you proud cause you spent money into your toy. and you have to flaunt it? are you proud cause you pull shit out of your ass cause it seems you like to do that too! i wish i could be like you a complete tool

305

wat did it dyno at? that actually sounds to be a pretty mean build.