evo 7 mods & expectations

15

Asked by Oct 04, 2008 at 04:39 AM

how much hp can be expected from an evolution7,with the modifications like ECU,exhaust and boost controller installed on standard stock internals?

how much boost can the standard stock internals take before giving way?

245

I couldn't really tell you about the hp numbers, but the 4g63t is pretty bulletproof. I'd say you could run 1.5bar (20psi) without worrying, although I'm not sure what how much the actual stock turbo's themselves can handle. I know there are Evo's out there running 2.5bar (35psi), but most of them have forged pistons and a heavy duty valvetrain.

45

900 hp

3,285

probably like 13 -15 psi would last a while safely. you could probably get at least 650hp out of it but thats some serious modifications. Go on youtube and watch the Evo reach 900hp its pretty insane. Prepare to shell out some serious cash though for this build. Have you looked at AMS Perfomance website?? They pretty much specialize in the EVOs i used to be pretty into the evo because no one around here had them but idk anymore they are pricey to repair and the parts are a pain in the ass to get( factory that is).