What's the pull leaver to left of gearstick on mini Mayfair 1886

Asked by May 18, 2014 at 08:47 AM

Won't start not sure if it's battery or
fuel as the gage doesn't go up when
you turn key sometimes struggles to
start then dies

1,155

Whew, 1886? I am only assuming that it's an early Mayfair but I can't help unless I know more. If the gauge doesn't work I would assume it's the battery. Check the connections for all the things that are obvious. Wires and connections that will have corrosion, use a wire brush to clean that corrosion off. I would remove the battery and get it tested. While the battery is out, use a solution of baking soda and water to clean all connections, cables etc. The starter drive and the ground should all be checked. If the car uses a coil, check that, check plug wires and coil wire, pull the plugs and check them as well. Good Luck