My mercedes will not start the key fob won't even turn?

Asked by Feb 17, 2016 at 11:38 PM

We bought a new battery for 1998 Mercedes 430E about six months ago we let the car sit for 3 weeks now it won't start? We tried jumping it and the Les Schwabs person told me to put it in neutral brake on and turn the key when I turned it didn't start but alarm went off.  Now the key won't even turn?

It is most likely your ignition itself that needs to be replaced. Sometimes this can just be a solenoid or a ignition switch that needs to be replaced. As a fellow Mercedes Benz owner, I take my car to the dealership (a 2012 E350 AMG) for repairs because most mechanics have no clue about German vehicles. If you know a reputable mechanic, I would get it towed there and have a diagnostic done on it. You may also want to search for a Mercedes Specialist Mechanic is your city, here in mine there are several shops that specialize in high end German cars. That will be your best route. I hope that this helps!