my 1987 Mercedes 420 SEL has a poor acceleration at low speeds

15

Asked by Jul 02, 2011 at 03:34 AM

there is major hesitation at take off and it's hardly wants to accelerate. if the motor is cold it
will surge till it warms up. the motor sounds good & it's been well taken care of
I have no service lights coming on which I find strange.
also there is a small amount of oil that has been blown into the air cleaner. I just got the car
& it seems it's always one thing or another.

725

what type of gas do you use? I had a similar problem when I was using Hess (lower quality gas) I now only use Mobile and Shell and it fixxed the problem, I also use gas treatment every now and then to help remove any condensation or water in the gas, it also helps to clean the fuel system

87,over 100.000 miles on it,replace fuel filter,run a can of sea fome fuel injector cleaner in a tank of gas,if ses light is on have a scan done,it could be a bad tps sensor.if no ses light do the above.the cleaner will clean fuel system & the TB or injectors,which ever your car has.