Mazda b2200 motor swap

10

Asked by Mar 23, 2017 at 10:35 PM

I have a 1988 Mazda b2200 and I'm about to put a
4.3 in it what are the chances of using the factory
Mazda trans I plan to make an adapter plate but
kinda wondering if the starter is going to be able to
work and help would be great

120,475

I think you are on your own. Why not put a Ford 4.0 push rod engine in it? Or do you like a challenge?

10

Well I'm a fan of the 4.3 and it's the first thing I've found I guess if it doesn't work I'll just find a tranny and custom make the drive shaft

120,475

Why not just buy a S10 and be done with?

10

Well I just don't have the funds I work at a shop so I have everything to do the swap and I can get the 4.3 on payments so it's a win win I'd much rather just fix the factory 2.2 but it would really lack the power I really need and not sure how much work it's going to need once I tear into it the truck was given to me by my grandfather and it belong to my uncle that died of a brain aneurysm so its got sentimental value

120,475

Putting a Cheby engine in a Ford is not the way to save money but good luck, you are going to need it.

10

Thanks

10

I may be able to find another engine but I just haven't done​ a lot of looking so I may wait not sure yet I do have access to a lot of different salvage yards so I may just wait thanks for the help

120,475

I would hold out for a good 3.0 or 4.0 push rod Ford engine.

10

I'll figure something out my dad worked for Mazda for 15 years he seems to think it will work well and he knows them inside and out. Hope he's right because it's my money we're gonna be spending not his lol if the adapter idea fails I'll just get a trans to bolt to it we've done some pretty crazy swaps so I have faith in him

So what happen here. Any updates on that b2200.

The 4.3 is actually a good fit in the b2200. You'll have to modify your front crossmember, engine will sit on the f2 pads and if you use a 350 turbo it lines up on the mazda trans crossmember.

I am actually looking at getting a 4.3 how hard was the swap and what all was their to modify I will be putting it in a 1994 Mazda B2300?? I would appreciate it if you could let me know

@Treyton, your truck would be the same as the ranger. Jegs sells a swap kit for your truck if I'm not mistaken.

Do you by know what the I would look up to find a kit to a chevy 4.3L Vortec motor swap g my 94 mazda B2300

I need some help my Mazda low miles getting fire it overheated on me now will not start any advise clean not raged out got be something sinpe

Bodiddie, it getting hot and not starting is probaly gonna be caused by the head gasket being blown or the head cracked and it not getting compression. is it spinning over really fast but won't start? if so its the head gasket or head and no compression. just my opinion.