trans problem

15

Asked by Jul 22, 2007 at 05:05 PM

i got car this way,trans seems to shift through and inti gears good.The previous owner was apparentaly trying to bleed clutch and i tryed too,but it is bad.But what concerns my is that while its running without clutch pushed(wouldnt matter anyways sincs its bad),it will go into gear but no movement of car at all.I think that all the fluid leaking from the bad slave cylinder while trying to prime it,that the fluid leaked down onto clutch,flywheel.The slave cylinder is located allmost center top of trans.I really dont think trans or diff is bad from my tests,and there all bolted up.Please give any advice,thank you,Nick

40,315

It sounds like you need to take this to someone experienced with high-dollar cars. You mention that the transmission "shifts through and into gears," but that the car doesn't move no matter what gear you have it in. This sounds like a disconnect of some sort exists between the clutch and flywheel, or the internal gears of the transmission. Perhaps the shifter lever has come loose from the shift fork and is not actually moving the gears. If everything internal to the trans was OK, a little clutch fluid dripping down in would not cause it to not move at all.

15

I got it!All it was the car sit so long i guess but when i went to take off slave cylinder it was stuck holding the clutch fork in(disengaged)so know you can put in gear and bump starter and she'll move.Ive already ordered rebuild kit.Thank GOD thats all it was and thanks horn for your help!

I have a 1984 Biturbo. I let the master brake cylender get low on fluid. Now I believe I have air in clutch master or slave. I filled the master brake with oil and left it sit for two days....no change. Now what? where do I bleed the slave? I can barely see it. Can I get to it from the top or from under the car? Where can I get shop manual info? Any info would be greatly appreiciated.