BMW life?

Asked by Mar 14, 2016 at 01:22 AM

I'm looking at buying a 2002 745i BMW, and it has
about 130,000 miles on it. How long do you predict
this will last. I am will be at Univeristy and
commuting home, to the store, and such. They
want 6700 obo as well, is that reasonable?

10

I am a BMW lover as well and currently on my 6th X5 53 plate this time. Any who, they are really great cars if you are willing to take care of them (mind you they are not cheap to maintain). For the year it has a pretty good mileage. Insurance will not be cheap though and I will recommend a full coverage. The price is about right for the year and like I said if you take care of it, it will probably run up the 300k mile platform. I think it is a good buy and you would definitely enjoy the ride more. Good luck.

1,495

It's a BMW, they will last forever if you maintain it properly. 130,000 miles is not very much, and for the year, it's good. What I recommend is getting a pre-purchase inspection done on the car before you buy it. That will uncover any potential problems that may need attention. 2002 was the first year of the E65 7 series, which was known to be much more electronically complicated than its predecessors, so just make sure everything is in working order. Don't let this scare you away, though, they are great cars!