Is this beamer worth it?

10

Asked by Jan 28, 2015 at 06:18 PM

Looking for a new car mainly a bmw and i
ran into this one:
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/48643965
53.html

I texted him and asked him about what hes
done to it and all he said was he did minor
replacements like the air flow housing. Idk
much about cars so I need help. All ik is
parts for these german cars are pricey but i
love em!
thx

10

My budgets 4000 bucks

52,125

Those cars new were $65,000 to $70,000 and they were and still are damned expensive to work on. Parts prices are outrageous. I would avoid a 14 year old BMW 7 series like the plague.

10

Bob you dont like german cars? haha

254,665

We all love them, but don't want to maintain them. Bob is right, any used BMW will cost you a lot more than a Ford or Toyota. If you were looking at a 3 series, maybe we could say yes, if the history on it was good and it was all fixed up, but a 7 series? No way. If you want to go for it, we can't stop you.

52,125

German cars and English ones too are just really expensive to own. Especially the older ones without a warranty. I used to own a 2006 BMW Z4 and liked it very much. When the warranty ran out I got rid of it. My point is if you are buying a $4,000 car you probably don't have lots of free spending money to make repairs. Don't fall in love with a car that can empty your wallet and bank account. I am being very sincere about what I have posted.