My battery in 2006 x5 went dead, now I can't get in with key . what do I do to open door?

60

Asked by Mar 02, 2014 at 11:53 AM

2006 x5

4,695

You cant use the key in the driver door to unlock the car? If so you will need a lock smith to try and pull the inside handle twice and hope it is not in dead lock mode.

60

Hey there Thanks for responding " keys- a -no- good in a- door". WTF. The engineers never figured to remember that when all else fails, your door should open w the very expensive" don't loose your key" keys. Maybe I missing something. The beauty sits in an old barn once used to milk cows.. may have to drag it out ,as gaining access to the back is not possible. Ideas? Any one ? for cow milk

1,655

There is a key hole on the driver's door only. In the event of an electrical malfunction, turn the key to the extreme left or right to unlock/lock the door. Update- the key hole is right there on the driver's door handle. You can;t miss it unless someone has changed the handles on the vehcile. See attached diagram. If the door handle's been changed you can go through the rear hatch. 1. Remove the plastic plug from inside the cargo area and pull toward

60

Thanks for the response, I tried turning the key in both directions, the door does not unlock. I tried both keys for that matter, and it remains locked. Anyone else?