In what, BMW bases their series?

35

Asked by Aug 10, 2009 at 12:15 PM

I mean.....Serie 1 are smalls cars, serie 3 medium, and 5 large? and 6, 7, 8???

5

6 medium......7large....8medium...hw dumb cn u b???]

35

Men....calm down, I'm not "brilliant" like you......

5

1 Series is a small 2 door coupe and the 6 Series is the large 2 door coupe. 3 Series is the small sedan or midsize coupe. 5 Series is the mid-size sedan and the 7 Series is the large sedan

45

The 8 is not the medium, it replaced the old 6 (1976–1989) and it has been replaced by the new 6 (2003-now)

25

The original series BMW used to build (since about the 1990s) were the 3-series, 5-series, and 7-series, these still exist today. The 3-series was the lower middle-class sedan, the 5-series the upper middle-class sedan, and the 7-series the luxury sedan. Aside from the main series BMW built several other cars with smaller sales (e.g. the Z1, Z8, old 8-series). Since about 2000 they introduced several new cars. The 1-series is placed below the 3-series as compact car. The 6-series was originally thought to be the 5-series coupe and convertible (while the 3-series has had these since the first 3-series), and the new 8-series (not yet on the market) corresponds to the Mercedes CLS as a 4-door luxury coupe, so I guess you could call it the 7-series coupe. These are the main series BMW has built for over 20 years, so I guess they are also the most important. I hope that answers your question :)

5

The 8 was very high end with a v12.