Rim Protectant

Asked by May 16, 2007 at 03:44 PM

I was told that BMW's show a lot of brake dust, on the rims, b/c of the large brake pads.  I was also told that there's something you can buy to put on your rims that can keep them clean and make the dust not show a week later.  Does anyone know the brand or what you can use that would help with this?  I've been cleaning my rims constantly and it would be nice to put something on that would keep the dust off.

31,835

I used to drive a 3 series with 17inch wheels so I can feel your pain. I was constantly cleaning those things. I used to use a product called Rejex, which you can put on the wheels and it would make it easier to clean the rims, I have also heard of people using a product called Klasse. You can also get brake dust shields too (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance_sm/bmw~brake_dust_shields~performance.html) Best of luck.