Fan staying on and car not hot

Asked by Oct 22, 2010 at 01:28 PM

My car fan stays on while driving.  The car is not running hot, but the fan should be shutting off sometime.  To it to the dealer and they said the themostat is fine, the fan motor is fine -- they THINK it may be the waterpump and want to charge me $100 to check it out and $400 to replace it...can you tell me what you think the problem is?

35

If the car s not running hot, its not your water pump. All I can see is thats its a licoln. The year may help,but im gonna shoot and say theres a small sensor under the hood that controls the actuation of the fan,that sensor is bad. It may be cheaper and easier to change yourself. Rule of thumb: Start with the cheapest stuff 1st. example being, if you have no electrical,dont go buy the $600.00 alernator,buy the $70.00 battery 1st and then go from there. or better yet,check your connections and fuses for free 1st HA HA I hope i helped. If you gave the year and mode licoln,you ll prob snag and expert ,with lincolns at least