First time buyer

30

Asked by Feb 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Is a Range Rover sport a good used car for
a first time driver???

5,605

carfax...these seem to be less reliable then a Toyota~

21,145

Are you well heeled with plenty of money?? If not, I'd look elsewhere. I agree with the first post. Is this your first car?

30

@Markw1952 and @bob_nueske what would you so just for a first car being a good reliable bigger vehicle

21,145

I see from your other questions posted that you're looking for a parts and safer and reliable vehicle. If safety is a primary concern, why not look at a late model Subaru Outback. I have a 2010, and love my car. The 2011 and 2012 Subaru Outbacks are very highly rated. They come in an H4 or H6 version. I have the H4 and think it's a great mixture of performance and fuel economy. If you look at the H4, be sure to test drive the model with the CVT transmission. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions. --Mark

21,145

Sorry for the typo, should have said "looking for a larger and safer reliable vehicle.

21,145

Also, the Subaru Outback feels and drives like a large station wagon which it actually is and holds a lot of gear. Plus, it's AWD.

5,605

if you're a good driver...there is no excuse for not being attentive regardless of the safety of the vehicle~ subaru's have more moving drive parts...have NEVER seen a Toyota broke down on the side of the road~ punch an eye out with a pop-and-win airbag~

5,605

air cooled VW beetle...me first jalopy!~

21,145

OK, yes Toyota's make good cars, but, very few can go this far and have the safety record that Subaru enjoys. http://www.subaruhighmileageclub.com/miles500000.html

21,145

Air cooled VWs?? They're not particularly safe. I know, my first brand new car was a 1970 VW Beetle.

5,605

Subaru I worked on as a Sunday mechanic showed up with the steering pump mounting brace ripped from it's mount~ only way to mend that is to drill and put a heli-coil in that~ was a crummy design with all the force onto two tiny bolts...this was in the late 80's they are certain to design a more sensible mounting configuration...one that distributes the loads across some area...not big force in little area~

50,765

Range Rovers are very costly to maintain and have more than their fair share of issues. Get something else.