My check engine light and VSC light came on. I have a toyota camry. I tightened my gas cap but my check engine light is still on

Asked by Aug 02, 2015 at 07:47 PM

I have a 2007 toyota camry. My car is running fine, but the VSC and check engine light
came one.  I pulled over and tightened the gas cap.  The VSC light went off but the check
engine light is still on. Any ideas.

50

Can be anything in the engine. Best thing to do is check your CPU by your nearest mechanic. They can read the codes.

Could it be associated with the VSC light since they came on together?

790

for a 2007 toyota Camry, you have 70 % chance to have a loose gas cap. Check your gas cap.

We did. When we tightened that the VSC light went off but the check engine light is still on. So done told me that we have to go through two driving cycles for that light to go off.

Sorry. We tightened the gas cap on the side of the rode. When we started the car back up the VSC light was off but the check engine light was still on, my friend told me it would take two driving cycles for this light to go off.

790

the gas tank pressure is measured one time during a driving cycle at a certain temp and at a certain speed. Also, a loose cap could mean that there is a bad gasket or bad vent on the cap.