1994 lexus ES 300 with overheating problem

Asked by Apr 09, 2013 at 09:16 PM

I have 1994 ES 300 Lexus, 92000 miles, I have overheating indication, even after replaceing radiator, water pump and thermostat. Sometimes will not start until it cools down.

25

Have you checked the fans to see if the are working and that they are cycling on and off. There is probably a fan temperature sensor on the radiator. That tells the fans when to come on and shut off.

3,130

Good point junkman, one would only hope somebody would have checked that before changing all those parts.

The radiator did have some blocked areas, which is why it was changed and the fan is cycling on and off. Plus the water punp had a small leak which again is why that was changed. Thank you for that good response.

15

gud su asap ggetion is sell this car

I was thinking that too, other than that car is like new and only has 92000 miles on it. A newer one would cost more.