Lexus model names

25

Asked by Aug 25, 2008 at 09:01 PM

Why do all Lexus models use numbers and only like two letters why aren't they like other makes and use words for there models?

35

none of the luxury brands use full names....(as far as i know) they use the letters (series/model) and numbers (engine size) execpt caddy (no numbers) and audi (the letter tells if it is sport or not, and the number is the series/model) hope this was helpful "best lex" GS460, "my lex" Ls400

90

Plus, they're making it easier for people to brag. Instead of, "I have a Lexus LS with a 4.6L V8", one can say, "I have a Lexus LS460." lol

25

Thanks. I've been doing the car IQ thing. When i first started it was the older version and the only way that i could get the questions right was if i geussed and then it wasn't very likely that i got the answer right. But now the new version is the same way. Idk the difference btw them.Welp thanks for your response it was very helpful

35

lol, i know right??? but omg, you really make up for the braggin rights when it is time to pay for something on the car...be it gas or repair..... its nice to brag, but its nicer to flip a piece of trim over and see toyota, its kinda humbling....

65

First off, Lexus stands for Luxury EXport to the US. The letters are shortened versions, such as sc=sport coupe, ls=luxury sedan, gs=grand sedan, rx= ? crossover (small suv) and the numbers correspond to the engine size. 300 being 3.0L, 400 being 4.0L