2004 Jeep Electrical Issues

Asked by Dec 28, 2007 at 08:45 AM

None of the electric windows in my Jeep work.  The dome lights stay on all the time and the electric mirrors don't work.  All this started with the warning that the drivers door was open, when it was closed.  Any suggestions?       
  Attach a photo

43,565

Sounds like a problem with the wiring that runs into the door frame. You could have a broken wire or two which are shorting out. The Jeep set-up requires that the switch on each side be connected and operational for the windows to work. Start by removing the door panel and looking for loose switches or broken wiring and go from there.