No crank no start

60

Asked by Apr 09, 2017 at 09:06 PM

Odometer showing---------- battery
checked out fine starter checked out fine all
fuses and relays checked out fine car dont
start

76,365

May be the ignition switch.

60

The ignition switch is operating as it is supposed to

76,365

You have no information on what kind of vehicle this is. So the motor turns over with the starter but will not start? Give a hint on what I'm diagnosing.

60

I tested the ignition and working fine, but the car dont crank or start... All other functions are working except for cranking, starting and running, i really dont know what to do anymore

76,365

I still can't speculate any further since you have not stated what this vehicle is.

60

2009 Ford ikon 1.6i Duracam engine

76,365

ikon is the model? Ford Focus or something? I don't see ikon in any listing.

60

The model is ford ikon

76,365

This car is made for over-seas sales so it is not in the books I look at but I am sure all the principles are the same, so I'll do my best. What I would do is to get a test light of a digital multi meter so you can be checking for power. I would check and see when someone is turning the key to the start position, to check on the small wire down on the starter to see if power is there. Once the key is released, there should not be power there. We got to start doing some checking.

60

Tested today and it seems normal, working as you described.... Any sugestions what i can try next?

76,365

Then there is something with the positive battery cable that is no good, or there is still something wrong with the starter.

60

I tested/jumped the starter with a test lead to the battery +terminal and it cranked, tested the small wire when turning the key in the ignition and it operates " normal"

76,365

I'd say your close to the problem.

60

Will the car start if i took out the part where all the indication lights,( fuel, mileage, etc)

76,365

I don't know, all depends if it affects spark, electrical to the starter.