Ford 2.3L engine

Asked by Apr 14, 2016 at 09:11 AM

I bought a 2.3L engine that had been modified for ministock car racing.  Got
out of racing but kept the engine.  Have no idea what the motor is out of of the
year.  I found two sets of numbers on it.  One set was above the transmission
9F237 (or 1) 257 (or i).  The other set is on the right side under the exhaust  
3F29(or 3) 125 7(or 1) 2

12,615

94-92 FORD 2.3 L ENGINE F23E 9F237 ? need a cylinder head number to try an ID it.

49,155

Should be a number on the block that has 4 characters before 6015 and 2 letters after the 6015 (6015 refers to engine block). Example D8EE 6015 BA.