Asked by Apr 01, 2016 at 05:39 PM

Question type: Car Customization

I know i can swap my 318 magnum into my 1983 ranger .
But would it be worth the trouble during the swap??

2 Answers


You'll have to update the motor mounts and crossmember maybe fabricate some to work with the Chrysler. You have to make sure the bell housing lines up with the transmission and also the torque converter. I would use the dodge transmission as well. Have the driveshaft custom fit and balanced. Use the Wiring from the Dodge like the PCM and engine harnesses.

6 of 6 people found this helpful.

why even bother you would be better off with a 302 ford with out all the head aches plus the 302 could be beefed up to put more power out then the 318 ever could just find a c-4 trans and drive shaft from a 83 tang plus motor mounts should be close

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • Swap? 2 answers

    I have an1983 cord ranger with a 2.3 inline 4 thats capable of 400+ hp But i also ha e a 1983 dodge ram 1500 with a 318 magnum . The dodge is totaled but engine still runs i want to swap into my rang...

    1983 Ford Ranger


    Car Customization

  • Swap my 3.8 1 answer

    Swap my 94mustang 3.8 v6 to a 5.0

    1994 Ford Mustang


    Car Customization

  • 3.8 swap to 5.0 L 1 answer

    Want to swap my3.8 for 5.0L what do I need to do

    1994 Ford Mustang STD Coupe


    Car Customization

  • 460 swap 3 answers

    has anyone done a 460 swap in a 78 bronco... you you have hit me up im intrested in how u did it. i am currently in the process of doing one

    1978 Ford Bronco


    Car Customization

  • will a 2003 4.6 w from a crown vic work in my 2002 f-150 4x4 4.6 w 2 answers

    what has to be swap over ?

    2002 Ford F-150 XLT 4WD SB


    Maintenance & Repair

Search Ford Questions

Ford Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 33,870
#2 tennisshoes
Reputation 19,340
#3 OJ
Reputation 18,080
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.