Swap?

Asked by Apr 01, 2016 at 05:39 PM

I know i can swap my 318 magnum into my 1983 ranger .
But would it be worth the trouble during the swap??

2,435

You'll have to update the motor mounts and crossmember maybe fabricate some to work with the Chrysler. You have to make sure the bell housing lines up with the transmission and also the torque converter. I would use the dodge transmission as well. Have the driveshaft custom fit and balanced. Use the Wiring from the Dodge like the PCM and engine harnesses.

why even bother you would be better off with a 302 ford with out all the head aches plus the 302 could be beefed up to put more power out then the 318 ever could just find a c-4 trans and drive shaft from a 83 tang plus motor mounts should be close