Car Mist on a 1991 Ford Festival GL Automatic

Asked by Mar 25, 2016 at 04:55 PM

My car engine mists and I've tried everything from replacing
the Throttle Position Sensor, cleaning the throttle body, air
filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs but it's still misting. What
could be the problem?

100,295

Injectors, poorly adjusted valves, burnt valve, unmeterred air leak but those usually trigger a check engine light. HTH

Also, it stalls when I come to a stop and I have to keep reving the engine to keep it from stallin . What could be the problem for that?

100,295

The computer maybe trying to compensate for the misfire but as it is out of its range to do so, or the ISC unit is stuck or inoperative, that my or may not turn on the check engine light. The engine misfire will have to be repaired for engine management to operate properly, so idle speed could be affected as well as fuel mileage, performance, and in some cases transmission shifting if you have an automatic.