Overheat

Asked by Feb 23, 2016 at 07:50 AM

My 2000 Lincoln LS overheating. Already
changed t stat.

50

First i would make sure there are no leaks in the cooling system, if no leaks then check to see if the radiator fans are turning on, if they are turning on then have your water pump checked if all is still good, its beyond me as to what the issue is hope this helps you out.

Best Answer
71,375

Was the cooling system purged from air when refilling the system? There could be air pockets trapped in the cooling system.

111,085

I agree with both the above. If none of that works have radiator cap tested. If old or wrong psi it can cause over heating. Then if all else fails have can tested for blown head gasket.