how to fix a crankshaft without removing a cylinder head

Asked by Jan 04, 2016 at 07:08 PM

i drove my car with a oil light on, on the dashboard so now i suspect a bearing  
knock. I need to check my crankshaft and oil pump,i dont know if is possible to  
go straight underneath without removal of cylinder head please help.

83,565

Your going to need some help on this one. No you do not have to remove the cylinder heads. You go from the bottom of the engine by removing the oil pan. Then the crankshaft is exposed. You will see all the bearing caps that require a specific torque and sequence for tightening. Then at that you can't see the upper part of the bearing as the crankshaft would have to be removed. Best have a certified mechanic look at this.

7,165

Rowefast goin' old school. I have visions of plastigauge strips laying everywhere.

83,565

hey,hey hey....

83,565

So give your 2¢ on the new school stuff, you won't hurt my feelings, hey,hey,hey...