1987 ford thunderbird 2 door turbo coupe

Asked by Jan 01, 2016 at 07:43 PM

Purchased this car with only 40k on motor.  Has a great body  & interior. Wanting to program code for drivers door. Where would this be located?  On my 2011 Ford Escape it was on decal under center console cover.

4,495

Look for a wallet size card in the owners manual packet. It has the code. If that is not there, it may be on a tag in the fuse panel. If still no luck, go to the dealer and they have a way of looking up the VIN to find it. You made need to bring your title to prove it is your car.

THANKS OLDTIMER37. THIS INFO DOESN'T help as i have no owners manual much less the card. realize this is an old car & they don't put the code in areas like the newer vehicle.

4,495

I would still try the dealer. It is new enough to have keyless entry so that would make it new enough to maybe have the codes where I suggested or at the dealer.