Transmission Rattling/Slipping

Asked by Nov 14, 2015 at 06:22 PM

What I think is my transmission, and because of the slipping, is making a
rattling noise like that of a rock bouncing around in a can. It shifts perfectly fine
when I am driving, but when I stop for about 30 seconds or so, at a red light
for example, it starts slipping or hard shifting. After that it takes a lot of force
on the gas pedal to get it to go and it seems to jump into gear. Any ideas on
the problem?

Ford Taurus 1998

71,375

Best have the trany looked at by a mechanic, definitely something wrong like maybe a solenoid, or just shot because of the slipping...