1988 F250 inline 6cylinder. After running awhile, feels like it's not getting fuel. It will stall out. If i wait a few minutes, it will start back up and run great. Any ideas???

Asked by Aug 23, 2015 at 02:21 PM

Last time this happened, it wouldn't
start back up. Replaced ICM, TPS and
IAC. Ran great, now it's happening
again but it will start back up. Makes
me believe it's fuel related. I feel it in
the pedal first, like it's not getting fuel,
then it will stall out.

58,525

Probably need to check fuel pressure, fuel filter and possible vapor lock? Fuel line getting warm around some heat source generated by the exhaust system

Best Answer

Thank you for the help. Seems to be running fine but just yesterday, when I take off from a complete stop, it seems to wind for a second before it catches gear. Then a slight grinding sound. I was told it's my torque converter but I fear it's my transmission. Only does it on take off. Any ideas???

58,525

Check the u joints first...