Can I put regular gasoline in my flex fuel ford car

Asked by Aug 20, 2015 at 09:02 PM

Yes.

Best Answer
85

yes you can, FLEX fuel Vehicles are an alternative fuel vehicles with an internal combustion engine designed to run on more than one fuel, usually gasoline blended with either ethanol or methanol fuel, and both fuels are stored in the same common tank.

Best Answer
3,415

SAMETHING

44,735

Regular gasoline, E-10 all the way up to E-85 (85% ethanol). The higher the E number you use the larger the drop in fuel mileage. Just DO NOT put diesel in it.

66,055

All correct, just don't put regular leaded gas in./ if there is any around anymore.

44,735

Aviation gas still has some lead.

Ok I was wondering because my truck says flexfuel but I been putting in 91 in it

66,055

That is fine. Flex fuel system means you can run the E85 corn gas and or the regular unleaded gas. 91 or 87 octane is fine.

i have 2006 impala LS. it is also flex fuel. so there is not any close station of E85. can i also use 87 UNleaded gas?

66,055

Yes you can umair007, I have 2010 Impala flex fuel. I run the regular 87 octane gas in it.

66,055

The regular unleaded 87 octane gas is even better than the E85 corn gas. The E85 is just an alternative fuel.

I have a 2015 Ford Focus Hagback and it seems to be drinking my gas when I use 87 unleaded do I need to start using mid grade gas or is something wrong with my car ?

66,055

CR1D may need to change the air filter. Also make sure you have the proper air pressure in your tires, and keep your foot out of the gas pedal...