How to fix rear catalyst on 2002 ford escape

Asked by Mar 12, 2015 at 05:40 PM

210,145

You don't fix catalytic convertors, you replace them. You must be replacing it for a reason that it clogged. Fix the issue why it clogged first, usually a misfire.

690

Also make sure that all oxygen sensors are working properly, this can cause the vehicle to over fuel and burn out the cats. If the check engine code is throwing a P0420 it needs a cat. If there are other check engine codes address those first, its a long shot but on occasion it can resolve any codes for catalytic convertors. You should also call your local ford dealership to see if there's a reflash procedure out for that year, this widens the specs for o2 sensor readings to eliminate faulty codes caused by the recent increase in ethenol use in gas