Will a 454 Big Block fit in a Dodge Ram? If so, what models?

Asked by Feb 08, 2015 at 07:41 PM

I'm trying to make the perfect mudding truck with my 454 Big Block. I want to put it in my
Ram but don't know if it'll fit.

50

U would have to modify everything goodluck

800

it will fit if you are handy with a torque and a welder then you will do just fine then after that hope your handy at wiring. so why not just find a chevy truck and save your self alot headaches

it can't be that hard . mounting it would be easy , you can use a motor plate or get the Chevy mounts and two 1/4 inch steel plates and weld them in . as for wiring buy a msd ignition box and get rid of the factory wiring harness ,or use the factory wiring all you need is one hot wire when the key is on. the hot wire that goes to the positive side of the coil can be used for the positive side of a GM H.E.I. distributor , and try to use the Chrysler alternator if it will mount to the Chevy or splice a GM connector on it and see if a GM ALT will work exhaust manifolds will work . with 4 wheel drive that part I don't know. I'm planning to do the same but on a regular 2 wheel drive D150 if the dodge 883 4speed that my truck has will fit I'm going to see if it will mount to a Chevy bell housing . people that don't work on cars will tell u it is to hard , but when u figure it out it is just another engine swap . if you like to do this then it is easy. excuse me I mean cars and trucks .

91,475

Use a 440 Dodge engine instead!!!!!!!!!!!

no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first , I can't seem to find one , second I'm not paying the prices these Chrysler freaks want for them ,because they think there gods gift to man if you know where I can get one for under $500 that is not blown up and does not need a bunch of shop work post where it is and a number , then I will buy one