How to raise driver door window?

Gary Everhart Sr.

Asked by Jan 12, 2015 at 07:20 AM

Just to pull electric window up to stop
cold air in winter/driver door?

Do not know what vehicle. But if yours is just stuck or hampered by water entry, actuate the switch with the key in the run position, to raise your glass. Observe your interior light with your door open. In the event you can note a dimming there ? while pressing the switch ? then it can work to raise the glass. Next you smack the trim panel sharply while holding the switch toward the up with the key in run position. You can approximate the location of the motor by the type of door. usually forward, and half way up.

I have a 2001 explorer sport. and I removed the cover off my door and found the connector going to the window motor. I ran two wires off the battery to roll up put the polarity on one way and to roll down switch the polarity. it's not indicative on the connector which way polarity should be. I also then cut two wires about 2 ft long and ran them from the switch to my dash and remounted my door cover. I ran two wires off the battery up and around the hood and through the side of the door (make sure they dont get pinched)and taped them to the wires from the window motor. when I need to roll the window up or down I connect them there! it's a hokey set up but works for now till I can fix my huge electrical issue!

polarity reverses with switch direction.

Did you find no power, no ground, or no switching? was the cause ? The master switch ? I would determine what i lacked, get the glass up. and put it back together. Those temps did not mention fuses or circuit protection.

Best Answer