Hey I just got a 98 ford crown Vic police interceptor and I wanted to know what's the best gas to fuel it with?

Asked by Oct 26, 2014 at 02:41 AM

263,885

Name brand fuel, 87 Octane.

105,335

Top tier fuel is a good idea, I personally like Chevron fuels, that Techron is some good stuff, you can run regular fuel as the ECM will compensate for pinging, but for best performance use premium. You can try your experiments with fuel grades and find what octane gives you the best bank for your buck. As this vehicle is new to you, it might be a good idea to change all fluids , pay close attention to trans and rear end, look for sparkles in the old fluid that would indiacate future problems, check all rubber items ie belts, hoses, if this rig has been serviced properly it should give you years of service as an everyday driver.