ABS Light is on? Ford F150 2000

10

Asked by Jan 12, 2014 at 07:00 PM

My mom used my truck for about a year. When I got it back she had told me the ABS light was on. After inspecting the truck I noticed that the brakes were so worn out that the roaders needed to be replaced as well. After doing so, the light still stays on? Where do I start?

17,675

Have someone pull the codes. If it shows a front wheel problem It has damaged the abs sensors in the wheel bearings. You can change the sensors but usually this is a sign the wheel bearings are bad too. Jack it up and see if there is any play in the wheels if so replace the bearings. They will come with the sensors.

10

My buddy let me borrow his code reader. All it pulled up was "System Too Lean Bank 1" and 2.

78,195

What year is the truck, you can't use a code reader for the emission system to check ABS.

10

2000

17,675

You will have to have someone pull the codes from the abs system.

1,865

abs sensor bad or dirty...

When I also use a code reader it says no error and it's making a wired sound constantly and I can't get it to turn off