C4 transmission how do u remove the vacuum modulator? Ford 150 77.

Asked by Jul 05, 2013 at 10:18 PM

The C4 transmission has
the vacuum modulator
when they told me to
use a wrench do I use it
in front where the bolt is
or do I use it in the body
of modulator. It's a small
area to fit the correct
wrench on the bolt.
Does it unscrew pushing
wrench up or
downwards. If it's the
bolt damn it's really tight
the wrench is just not
getting a good grip it
slips so I'm loosing the
square edges from the
bolt ... Also do I need to
remove the pan. Please
help!! Thank u.

114,275

Body of modulator

114,275

http://image1.jcwstatics.com/product_images/images/large/G_30368G_ CL_1.jpg -- Is this what yours looks like?

114,275

On a side note. For bolts with rounded corners there is a bolt removal set sold at many auto parts stores that works with your rachet set to remove them. Works very well and will get into tight spaces if needed.

The outer body turns but not the part closest to the bolt- i'm turning counter clock wise but nothing happens - it turns and turns

114,275

What if yours is suppose to have a bracket holding it and the bracket is just missing? If so you should be able to grab modulator and with a wiggle or two just pull it out of its resting place. Just a thought. These things are normally real easy to remove.

114,275

From looking at pictures of the one for the c4 it should have a bracket. If you don't have a bracket it is probably just missing. Grab that thing and give it a tug and wiggle or two it should pop right out.