77 f150 auto transmission what are the steps to getting to the modulator valve or vaccum modulator?

Asked by Jul 04, 2013 at 01:33 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

To replace this part do
we get to it by removing
pan and then filter and
then remove the valve
body or is this in the
outside of the
transmission area ?
Thanks for the last

1 Answer


It is on the side of the outside of the transmission. It will be held on by a single bolt. The bolt secures a bracket, similar to how your distributor is bolted to the engine. Same concept. Remove the vacuum hose. Then remove the bolt and bracket. Pull the modulator straight out of the side of the transmission. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Ford Questions

Ford Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 35,810
#2 tennisshoes
Reputation 20,430
#3 OJ
Reputation 19,550
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.