My truck is not turning on. I turn the key and no noise at all only see brake light on.. Lights are working.. What's wrong ? 77 f150.

Asked by May 20, 2013 at 08:56 PM

I was fixing my light
switch knobs and wiper
knob .. Took of dash
completely and then I
saw some smoke
coming out from the
back of my radio so I
took off radio.. Now I
don't know why my truck
is not turning on?
Battery works. Help
please thanks.

105,335

You may have burned up a fuselink, most of them are located on the positive side of the starter relay on the inner fender, they will have little tags on them that will say 20GA or 15GA and will be different colors.

26,235

Oh boy. Fuseable links, fuses and pinched wire looms. Find the shorted wire(s) first and repair them before you replace any fuses or links otherwise, you'll blow them again. DO NOT put a larger fuse in the old one's place - you could burn the truck down.