What is this?

Asked by Jun 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Question type: General

I found this in some junk. It appears to be brass or brass plated

3 Answers


Looks like a VIN tag, right?


Looks similar to the metal tag I removed off my catalytic convertor heat shield when it was buzzing. It was just tack welded on and the welds rusted off.

I can't match it with any of the VIN tags I seen on the internet Hans. And Tom, that seems more likely, but there don't seem to be any tack weld marks and there are two holes in it: one in the upper left and one about a half inch down on the right. At first i thought the CA might mean Canada, but then if it is smog related it could be California.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Looking for a Used Ford in your area?

CarGurus has 834,361 nationwide Ford listings starting at $699.


Search Ford Questions

Ford Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 34,010
#2 tennisshoes
Reputation 19,360
#3 OJ
Reputation 18,130
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.