Tranny

1,315

Asked by Oct 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Would a 300 6 cylinder bolt up to a tranny that had a 351W in it before? Or is it not going to align? I believe the tranny is a c6.

1,355

Yes it will, no problems, check it out here if you like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_bellhousing_patterns

sorry but no it wont,different bolt pattern.

1,355

My son is a mechanic at a local Ford dealership.

so am I,if it is a manual tranny,then yes if the bell houseing is changed.really I dont care what job your son has.have him answer some questions here.

1,355

Well, I have been working on cars for almost 40 years and have already done the swap this guy is talking about, so I guess you're right.

3,125

yes it will,i put a 6 cyl tranny out of an 85 on a 351 in an 87.the 6cyl,302 and 351 have the same bolt patern on the bellhousing.

1,315

Well the truck with the 351 is an 85 and the six cylinder is out of an 84. The six is a 4 on the tree while the 351 is an auto. Will it work?

3,125

i had a 302 automatic in a 87 and the tranny blew.i put a 4 on the floor out of an 83.i had to take the pedals out of the 83 and clutch rod assembly. a also took the bell housing, the fly weel and starter also the transfer case, drive shafts and everything fit together perfectly.if your only swaping the motor it should fit if you use the rain gear and starter from the automatic.the six,302 and 351 where compatible in the swaps i did. pardon my spelling im french canadian. i hope this helps!