Truck not starting. Turns over real slow.

1,155

Asked by Oct 10, 2011 at 09:39 AM

Why will my truck not start? I have tried these things so far. Replacing the battery cable ends, replacing the cables themselves, the sylonoid, and the cable going down to the starter. I got a brand new battery and when I try to start it, it cranks over real slow. Like the battery is dead. But the battery will start a 390 in one turn. Any suggestions on what it is?

bad starter.

1,155

Thanks.

no problem.

5

my first guess would be the starter. then also check your connections especially the grounds. could possibly be the voltage regulator but unlikely. is it a Ford because i had the E250 and it used to do the same thing