trivia question

45

Asked by Oct 31, 2010 at 01:10 PM

what kind of car is in the photo?

5

Thunderbird

GTO

then again it could be a cougar with some body mods.

5

im thinking gto but it is a gm car

15

An Australian Ford Falcon?

9,140

It's a Ford Landau.

Best Answer
145

Tough one... 70-71-72 Torino body with a similar year T-Bird front end sculpted on, shaker hood added, it's been lowered and had a custom colour sprayed on.

45

Good job Larry!!!

45

Larry got it ... it's a ford landau made in Australia. Kind of an odd design taking cues from several American designs. It threw me off too when I first saw it.

Australian Ford Laundu (wrong spelling) 351 Clevland, basically a 2 door LTD

What a mod...looks like a 1970ish Ford Torino with a Thinderbird or Mercury nose. From the C pillar back looks like the Torino of 1970-92 era. The front fenders look too rounded for a FORD. Could very well be an Australian version of the above. The side lights are not familiar looking, but then again the 1970's was a long time ago!

75

I agree with Russ, '70s Gran Torino with what appears to be a Mercury front clip.

Almost reminds me of the old Marauder but the angle is throwing me off lol. The door end/rear quarter is what is throwing me...reminds me of 70-72 Cutlass or Skylark. That is why I think the vehicle could be from Australia..they modified ours just enough to look different. Not losing sleepover it...yet.

Have you checked the oil in it.

Ian, I believe you are spot on!

Correct an Australian car, a Ford 2 door LTD, marketed as a Ford Landau circa 77-79. 351 Cleveland

5

landua by ford

gto