i just got ABS, lowering springs and a bunch of stuff for my Ford Lynx...what's next?

35

Asked by Dec 22, 2009 at 09:21 PM

is everything a direct bolton? ifso then put'um on.

35

basically, yes...but i think im gonna have difficulties installing the lowering springs...i'll have a mechanic do it...what's next after that? any suggestions on the engine?

35

it's not as fast as my Focus back in LA...it's got a twin turbo...i wonder, can a Lynx handle one too?

1,545

Ford Lynx? sweet! get some bolt ons and possibly a turbo...i suggest drop the whole suspension, low profile tires with 50 series and 16-inch rims...i saw some people do that with a Lynx and it looked pretty cool...

in 85 the lynx came with a turbo on the gt model, never made it to the 1.9 engine, but it will bolt right up.

is your engine the 1.6 or the 1.9?

35

mine's a 1600...i think it's already turbo...just wanna beef it up a little bit...i also got this custom-made exhaust and it fits very well...

1,545

if it is already turbo...get a cold air intake...i think they can customize that as well...it'll fit on the front end of your car, you just have to make enough room for it in front of the radiator...

1,545

btw, is it an RS? here's a little explanation to start things up. The 143-bhp figure may be seem modest for a 2.0, but if theres one car that manages to make each horses presence felt, its this one. The rev happy nature of the engine makes punishing the RS such a joy, especially since it has 6,500 rpm to play with. What makes the engine extra special is the noise. The VICS mechanism produces an excellent growl thanks to a trick induction system coupled with a revamped exhaust. The excellent chassis stability means that the RS is able to channel all of its 192 Nm of torque without any drama, making this one solid drivers car. If those torque figures dont seem amazing enough, consider the following: the Mitsubishi Lancer MX only has 141 Nm, while the Honda Civic SiR has 170 Nm and the Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G has 188 Nm. With a bantam curb weight and a proper five-speed gearbox, the RS can easily outrun all of those mentioned above. In practice, the RS can produce a devilish smile each time I nailed the throttle without worries, as extra grippy four-wheel disc brakes can bring the RS to a grinning halt with no problem. At this point, it's fair to warn you that the Ford Lynx RS isnt the car for everyone. As I mentioned before, women would probably just see the cars inherent weaknesses: the interiors too cramped, there arent enough cup holders, and it only comes with a five speed manual (a clunky one at that). That said, for those whose purchase decisions are less influenced by their significant other rather than personal taste, the RS provides rocket-like performance with a price that undercuts the Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G by more than 50,000 pesos. Whats more, unlike its Japanese rival, the RS doesnt make you feel old: for one it doesnt have wood trim.

heres one thing you should know, make sure the timing belt does not break. if it does then you will need a new head. its a non free running engine. the 1.9 is a free running engine. theyre both good engines. it sounds like you might be somewhere between 130-140 hp. look up cosworth. theyre well known for the 1.6 and the 1.9.

by any chance, do you still happen to have your stock springs? can i buy them? =)