can an ABS system do good in a front wheel drive?

35

Asked by Dec 21, 2009 at 09:05 PM

planning to install an ABS system and TCS terminal for my Ford Lynx...will it do any good?

5

Of course, in braking, any time you can prevent wheel lock up under braking its a good thing. It is irrelevant if it is AWD, RWD or FWD, cause all 4 wheels do the braking together.

it depends on alert you are. the lynx, that bring back some memeries with my first car, the escort. that car was a great car. i liked it but i had to junk it because it rotted out. anyhow abs is great for the average joe. i dont need it because i overpower it. its up to you.

8,185

I notice you posted in the racing forum... Are you doing this for a track car or for a street car, and what kind of ABS system are you planning on running? IMO ABS is a double edged sword that can get you into trouble as often as it can save you from it. Hit a pothole cause one wheel to skip while braking and suddenly all four wheels are pulsing when they never needed to in the first place. On the track it's heavy. That being said a good ABS system is very effective and can save your ass in adverse conditions.

1,675

of course bro...it's actually a standard to have ABS (traction control is optional) on your car... it'll halp you regulate the brakes and reduce skids and slips...it distributes power to your four wheels and switches to which wheels need more braking power, something like that...

295

On top of that, if you're willing to burn rubber, sometimes you can perform better on a track without ABS.