why is ford so shitty

Asked by Oct 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM

why is ford so shitty

855

Why can't people who seemingly hate Fords, come up with anything more whitty than this?

3,065

Poor everything. Automatic transmissions, ball joints, coil springs, tie rods, sway bar links, switches, power steering pumps, vacuum hoses, door panels, coil packs, gear selector tubes and bushings, paint/clearcoat, DPFE sensors, EGR tubes, hub bearings, interior/exterior door handles and hardware, MAF sensors, ignition tumblers, trucks, v8 intake manifolds, e-brake cables for trucks, multi-disc CD changers, IAC motors, water pumps, cars, control arm bushings, and coolant pipes. Trust me, I fix them for a living.

3,065

Does that work for you, Chris Lee?

855

Can't say it does... All the fords I've owned have been beautiful cars... The buick I owned... could I do it over again... I wouldn't have bought... Thing was slow as heck, the materials felt cheap, and it stalled if I ever had to make a slow left turn... I used to kick the piss out of a '91 escort and she came back for more every time... 400,000kms when I bought her... sat for a whole winter before being driven... Wouldn't doubt she'd start with a new battery and some fresh gas... (After 2 more seasons sitting...) the '85 vic I drive now I've run the engine dry of oil twice, and I'm still getting decent Gas milage... And she's usually the car I take when friends need to get their cars from the shop... only Major repair was a leaking heater core. So I'd have to go with no, I'm still not convinced... I'm almost certain the next car I buy will be a Ford... (Unless I scrape the cash together for a Challenger ;) )

7,555

The new challengers are known to be slow as piss because they weigh too much for what they intended to do. As for reliability of cars, they are all comparable in some respect. I've known every brand to suck ass for someone and be god like to another. My Personal experience... Fords break alot, but it's never a 'major' problem... Honda's don't break often, but when they do, it's expensive as fuck (shitty trannys). GM is somewhere in the middle of both... Chrysler is PITA to classify because they have a spectrum of reliability look at a Neon then look at a diesel ram. Toyota... rides on what the reliability they built in the 90's that I'm not sure exists so much anymore. Porsche, same as always, hard to kill, but harder to get fully working. BMW and Subaru are like GM but with better suspension and brakes. Nissan is like Chrysler, you get a lemon or a rock... Don't really have an opinion on anything else...

855

ln all honesty... Speed does nothing but cost... Lives and money... and you don't get to go as fast as you want anyway... I want a challenger becuase it looks nice... it actually has bodylines... unlike most of the airsteam import stuff (Not ALL... most...) as far as brand reliability... I think it has to do with the driver... Chev drivers mash Fords like no tomorrow... Ford drivers wreck chevs... Toyota and GM... the parts are built in the same factories, and in some cases the cars roll off the same prooduction lines... I won't even get started on honda reliability... (Becuase it could land me in hot water at work...) what I will say though... middle of winter, the '07 civic wouldn't start... my '85 (Carb) Crown vic had no troubles...

7,555

"Toyota and GM..." Holly crap someone who knows something about the industry and not just how to change a water pump!!! *Tips hat It is true that GM and Toyota work closely, but it's not as bad/good as it use to be. You can't find mis-badged cars from the Anaheim plant anymore... at least I haven't heard of something like a Toyota Cobalt. I'm still looking for one of the Chevy Corollas or Toyota Cavaliers that got off the line... I'd think it's be an interesting conversation starter.

35

I hate American cars. German is the way to go. I own a lot of cars, as you can see from my profile and I buy all German. I have my own mechanic and I own about 10 million dollars worth of cars.

7,555

Haha. Yes you own 10 million dollars worth of cars but not a digital camera to take pictures of your own cars... And judging from your friends you're a sophomore at Westminster School.

855

"I have my own mechanic" Almost a requirement when you buy German ;)

185

HAHAHAHA VAG ftl

355

I think I have the answer to your question FORD Fabricated Of Refried Dung FORD (backwards) Fast Only Rolling Downhill Driver Returns On Foot First On Road to Dump Form Of Rejected D.N.A. Fix Or Recycle Dilemma Follow Our Rusty Dogsled Forward Only Reverse Defective Forwarded Once Returned Denied and Fork Over Repair Dough. I am just saying this to make you laugh but I think SOME Fords are reliable like the Tempo/Topaz, Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Lincoln Town Car, Aerostar, Escort/Lynx, Bronco, explorer, ETC..... Please don't send me insults because we have different opinions. I just "Agree to Disagree". I hope you like the jokes about FMC

35

Close, I am a junior. The Westminster Schools is one of the most expensive schools in America. If you go to Wikipedia, you will notice that it costs $130,000/year. Now, I do have a digital camera. I have a Canon EOS 40D with about 40 different lenses, however I do not have enough time to take pictures of my cars. Now of course I have my own mechanic. My Bugatti should not be driven in the Winter, so my mechanic takes the engine apart and drains fluids, etc.

7,555

1) Tution there is ~18000 according to Wikipedia (your source...) However the schools website claims 19,080 2)You don't have time to take a single picture of your cars yet you have time to come here to stroke your ego over them? 3)You claimed all the cars you have a German which according to 'your garage', they are not 4)The w16 is a aluminum block, repeat tear downs like you mention would strip it within a few rebuilds. Try the bullshit on someone who hasn't worked on magnesium blocked Porsches, or a W12 block... 5)Many of the cars you claim to have are on factory back order available only to those who own one of the brand already 6)Give it up already, no one buys your bullshit. And even if they did, your daddy paid for 'em so your still a worthless piece of crap.

855

Just remember... Ford might be Found On Road Dead... But at least you found it on the road... Would you like a lift to the shop General? ;)

355

I get what you're saying but there isn't a Fatally Obese Redneck Driver behind the wheel of it. I think fords are awesome.

145

fords are shitty cuz almost everything about them is made cheap!

145

so why are you rubbing all this in our faces?

3,065

Well Chris, I know you wanted something witty, but logic is all I've got.

185

Fucked On Race Day Fix Or Repair Daily...

355

Fabricated Of Refried Dung Friggin Old Rattling Dump Follow Our Rusty Dogsled Friggin Old Rebuilt Dodge Forwarded Once Returned Denied Forward Only Reverse Defective

355

2,985

german cars are garbage they cost way to much and they all look the same. Why would you shell out that much money on a car that will be in the shop most of time if you have a little fun with it once in a while

20

Well coming from myself also a mechanic, it depends what about ford your complaining about, there super dutys are un beaten in what ive seen, i worked in a logging camp and lived there for 6 years, consisted of gravel roads in the good ole rockies, the company i worked for owned everything, chev, ford, dodge anything that was a truck theyd put to test, and these are not normal gravel roads these roads most the people out there would shit to drive on and would refuse to, all the trucks did good, dodge was the worst it fell apart, literally we rebuilt the front end on those trucks every 3-5000km, the chevs did a bit better but the rattles and shit just falling off was unreal, the fords on the other hand never fell apart, yes shit went wrong, ujoints fell apart, the ball joints BUT EVERY BRAND I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS HAS THIS ISSUE, but the superdutys lasted the longest, i own an 03 super duty 7.3 and no other truck ive owned will touch it, yes ive done maintenace to it but it has 220 000km on it, i dont think ford trucks are shitty, there cars i wouldnt be caught in, those are terrible but like a few said those old escorts can take quite the beating. overall i like them, would never own a dodge, only reason i like them is for the cummins, and chev, who in hells name thought independent front suspension should be used on 1-ton truck??? i know so many people with these trucks that have done a solid front axle conversion just to get away from the problems...every vehicle has there issues, EVERY make is shitty

i'd rather push a ford then own a chevy.

you sure can talk the talk. can you walk the walk? i also have my own mechanic. he made this post. so sit on that.

15

Funny someone mentioned "fucked over rebuilt dodge" dodge brothers worked for Ford originally and then they mocked up the ford as a dodge. Then it just got worse from there. I assure you ford's aren't made cheap by any means. And I'm not a god damned mexican child!