Is your car expensive to maintain?

Asked by Sep 04, 2016 at 01:01 AM

To a majority of us, the most expensive thing we own after our house is the car. Statistics show, on average, one spends20-25% of their annual income on purchasing a car which would serve the basic purpose.  For those looking for a good return on investment or wanting to upgrade their car, the cost can go as high as 50-70% of their annual income. Another 5% goes towards on-going maintenance and insurance costs.
But, not every car costs the same to keep it running. And different cars have varying risks of leaving their drivers suddenly shocked by their immobility. Brands like BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Audi etc. are some of the car brands which are most expensive to maintain, in the world. It is said that Toyota and Asian cars are the least expensive to maintain.
Cost increase with age
Maintenance cost of a car increases with age. After the first few free services are done, a car service may cost you from 3000-25000, depending upon your car model or whether you have a petrol or diesel engine car. Generally, diesel engines are more expensive to maintain than their petrol versions.
However, Car maintenance is much more than the average cost it takes for a brand model to get serviced or repaired. Factors as mentioned below also contribute to the cost:
• How well a car is maintained. Regular service of a car is always recommended to keep the average service low and also make sure the engine stays fit for a longer run.
• How often it is driven, where it is driven, and how it is driven.
• The service provider from whom car services are availed. With no standard rates, mechanics may sometimes charge you a very high price.
These factors would also define the mileage at which your car would run.
Fixions, an online aggregator for car service providers, provides you trusted mechanics at affordable rates in your locality. These mechanics are not only trained for excellence but also provide repair or maintenance services basis the car brands or model. Standard rates are also defined for the specific services while one can also compare quite from different garage shops before choosing one. At Fixions, you would find mechanics for brands like Chevrolet, Mahindra, Hyundai, Honda, Maruti, Nissan, Toyota, Tata and many others.

20,445

I have had American, European and Japanese cars. I think that Asian cars are better made, age more gracefully and are overall the least expensive cars to maintain, just my experience. And, once your car is paid for, and you have no car payments, it's a great time to get the full value for your money. Yes, absolutely, cars require more maintenance, but, I've found that on average, your car's repairs will level off in the 7th year or so and should cost you about $2,000 in actual repairs.. maintenance is a factor with every car, so don't count oil changes, brakes or tires.. Now, compare that with car payments of $400 per month for 60 months, that is almost $5,000 per year . There's no way you're going to spend $5,000 per year every year on car repairs....

17,245

Best answer!!! Figure 25% of the cars value when new to spend on maintenance starting in its third to fifth year of age and over the next eight to ten plus years.

17,245

If its a GM make that 80%

49,295

The OP's post is spam.....