how do you pronounce Hyundai?

445

Asked by Sep 12, 2009 at 02:43 PM

how do you pronounce Hyundai? Is it pronounced "high-un-dye" or "hoon-dye" or "hun-day"? this has bothered
me for a long time and I dunno how to pronounce it. can u guys help me out on this one please?

sincerely

Josh Chilcott

15

I believe it is Hyun-Dye

145

Hun-Day it should rhyme with sunday, watch the mad-bosses commercial from the superbowl... copy and paste this link to watch it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puG0WOgAUfs&feature=PlayList&p=14A583FCFE3AC250&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=58

445

Thanx sooo much 4 the help dude!!!!!!!!! it means alot 2 me

Hyundai should be pronounced Hundie as in bonsai or Mai Tai! ai is pronounced as i!!!

75

high-un-dye personaly,,, cant say its the way the koreans say it though,,, that would be the proper way scope it out on u tube man!!!!

75

oh wait i just seen the link!!!! LOL

Americans and Canadians pronounce it incorrectly as "Hun-day". However the correct way of pronouncing it is "Hy-un-die" and that's how the rest of the world pronounces it.

/hi:ĘŚndaj/ in IPA

49,295

Hun-day

20

Go on YouTube and listen to Koreans pronounce it properly!

10

According to HyundaiUSA, it's HUN-day in the U.S. It makes no difference how they pronounce it in Korea - that's a different language. Look at it this way, in Korea "Buick" is pronounced something like "KEEG" because that's how it translates. In Korea that pronunciation is correct even though it does not agree with the U.S. pronunciation. HUN-day is correct in the U.S. because Hyundai says it is.