reset check engine light

10

Asked by Jan 03, 2016 at 01:22 PM

380

Fixing the problem should cause it to go out. It may remain in memory for so many start up cycles, but, the lamp should be out. If you didn't fix the problem, even if you erase it, it will just come back. The safest way to get the lamp out, is to use code reader that will read and erase codes. There are other ways, but, it could cause other problems.

67,375

Once it's fixed the computer must run diagnostics to determine the problem is gone. To speed up this process keep your gas tank between 3/4 and 1/4 full. No more and no less. Then just drive normally for a few days. Or you can clear the computer with a scan tool if you have access to one. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
10

I installed a new gas cap and reset it, do not have access to a code reader. I'll watch for a few days and see how it goes. Thanks for your responses/help.

67,375

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click! -Jim